Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2/20/2007 Short Recovery Run & Cycling

Is it still considered a brick training session if you do the running first and the cycling second? I've never really considered it, and I'm not really sure. Anyone else no the answer to this question? It was such a nice day with the temperature actually reaching a scorching 44 degrees F! I really wanted to just spend some time outside and do a little running and a little cycling. Logistically it just worked better to do the run first. By doing the run first I was able to take my occasional bitch of a running partner, Gracie and I mean my dog, with me so she could burn off some energy she has been holding in over these weeks of crappy weather. I think if she saw me take off on my bike leaving her in the house first thing in the morning she would have probably had an aneurysm.

Dog Jog

We headed out for a leisurely 3.5 mile run/walk. I alternated between running a 1/2 mile and walking 1/4 mile. That gave her plenty of time to sniff around do her business in between runs. The run took about 38 minutes.

Cycling

I was in no particular hurry when I hit the bike, but then again I didn't have time to lolligag all day either. I did a fairly easy 14 mile loop that was mostly flat with the exception of one steep hill. The loop took about an hour, and I averaged around 14 mph for the ride. It was just awesome to feel the sun on my face and a wind that didn't make my cheeks hurt because of the cold.

No comments: