Sunday, September 03, 2006

9/03/2006 Kayaking


With my 10K race coming up tomorrow I knew I didn't want to do anything today that would wear my legs out, but it was a beautiful sunny morning. I couldn't take it! So, I decided to ring up Rick and go do some kayaking. The Little Miami Triathlon is less than a month away! I need all the kayaking I can get, seeing as this is definitely going to be my weakest leg of the race. I've decided to approach this leg of the race like Melanie McQuaid talked about the approach she takes to the swim portion of the triathlon. The approach is to just get through it without losing to much time and expending to much energy. That's not exactly what she said, but it's the basic idea. I definitely feel stronger in the kayak than I have ever before, but I'm still not good. I'm just going to try and relax, stay hydrated and bide my time until the run, and even moreso the bike.

We got in close to 3.5 miles of kayaking up and down the lake in about an hour and a half. This included a few stops to relax, chat and enjoy the morning, the weather, the wildlife of course.

No comments: