Sunday, September 24, 2006

9/23/2006 Strength and Speed

Strength Training

I really like getting to the gym on a Saturday morning when I can take my time enjoy the workout and chat with some fellow gym members and cyclists. Unfortunately, it's a rare occurence with my schedule, but I was able to do it today. It keeps me motivated to be reminded that I am part of a small community of friends that I've come to enjoy at the gym.

Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/25 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


Intervals

It was speed work day on the track. I ran into Lisa and talked to her a bit about the intervals on the track, and she mentioned not sprinting on the turns or I might screw up my knee. Of course once I heard that it was on my mind the whole time. I sprinted the straight aways and eased up on the curves extending my stride to make it less steps on each turn. I brought it up to 5x400 with walking in between this time. I walked about 150 meters in between each. The whole thing took about 25 minutes.

No comments: