Tuesday, September 26, 2006

9/25/2006 Cycling Hills

I tried out some new roads in Northern Kentucky the other day and have found my route for hills! I didn't really know what to expect when I set out on this ride. I really didn't even know where I was going. I just wanted to ride. As I set out it quickly became apparent that I had found one of the most challenging routes I've ridden. Out of the 30 mile out and back route easily 15+ miles was going up hill or down hill. I drove back over the first 5-7 miles of the route to see how long the hills were. On the way out I went down 2 hills and up 2 hills, so on the out and back route I encountered 4 major hills. The shortest of the hills was .75 miles long and the longest was 2.5 miles long. None of these hills were the steepest grades I've ever encountered, but the sheer length of the hills more than made up for lack of grade. I will definitely be using this route in the future to do some hill work.

Odo: 1553.4 miles
Dist: 30.8 miles
Time: 2:11.49
Avg: 14 mph
Max: 35.6 mph

No comments: