Friday, September 22, 2006

9/21/2006 Strength Training & Cycling

Strength Training

I got up early; I worked out; I went to work. yeah.

Elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/25 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


Cycling

I got out on a nice spin with my buddy Rick yesterday evening. He's been trying to get in some riding before the Little Miami so he doesn't completely fall apart on the final leg of the race. I rode alone for a while before meeting up with him. It was the first time on the back on the bike since the century, and it felt really good. The highlight of the ride was my encounter with "hell hill" on Filager. I rode up the entire thing seated and powering it the entire way. At the top I told the hill "you're just another hill now." So hell hill is no longer. It's just another hill.

I met Rick and we took a nice short flat route of about 10 miles through Owensville and on the flat part of Benton to get in a nice ride before dark.

Odo: 1522.24 miles
Dist: 21 miles
Time: 1:22.34
Avg: 15.2 mph
Max: 36 mph

No comments: