Sunday, September 24, 2006

9/24/2006 Adding miles

I decided to head out for a really long run on Sunday. I feel like I can add on mileage to start working toward marathon distance. I ran my typical long route starting in through Meghan's Run, down the hill to 222 to Batavia, back to 132. Instead of turning back on to Filager I continued up 132 to a subdivision at the top of the hill and ran through there and back down to Filager. It's interesting to place the long hill more toward the middle of the run rather than close to the end of the run. It changes the perspective on it. I knew I still had a lot of running to do after the hill so the focus became less on the hill as a final push and more on it as just getting through it to get to the next stretch.

I kept the pacing comfortable and just tried to enjoy the run. The route was 8.5 miles and it took me 1:10.47.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=454907

No comments: