Thursday, September 14, 2006

9/14/2006 Running

This morning I realized I need a new route to run for my tempo runs. I'm just getting kind of bored with this run, and that is not a good thing. I'm going to crack open the gmap pedometer and work up a new route to keep things fresh. I didn't have any problem getting out to run this morning, even though it was early and I was, and am, fairly exhausted from working late last night.

I ran the typical 3.3 mile route up and down Filager, back Meghan's Run, and one more trip up Filager to complete the distance. I decided to use my mp3 player to listen to some tunes for a little motivation, and felt like I had a strong run.

Avg HR: 156
Peak HR: 179
Min HR: 71
Total Cal: 440
Time: 27:14


My neck felt pretty good this morning. It's still a bit stiff, but running doesn't seem to bother it that much. It is more holding it in the position for cycling that seems to irritate the muscle that I strained. I also found that switching pillows helped. I think my old pillow was to flat and was putting my neck at a weird angle aggravating the strained muscle.

I've been a bit deflated about this ride over the last couple of days. I'm definitely still riding and am excited about completing my first century, however the people I was supposed to ride with have bailed on me so I'll be tackling it alone. It won't be nearly as much fun, but screw it! I've been riding alone for many years now, so this won't really be any different than how I've spent the last 12 years on the bike. bitter much? naaaahhh, just disappointed.
Anyway I'll be spending this evening and tomorrow evening getting some things together for the ride. I need to stop at the shop and pick up some Gu and a new set of tires. My tires are starting to look like swiss cheese after all the punctures from road debris on my commutes. It would give me better peace of mind to know that I'm riding on a nice new sturdy set of tires when I'm in mile 75 out in the middle of nowhere on Saturday.

No comments: