Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11/2006 Strength & Speed

Strength Training

There is nothing particularly interesting about this workout. I didn't bring up the weight on the lat raises today like I thought I might. I did think of a possible idea for bumping it up without going the full 5 to 20 lbs. I'm going to see if they have some 1 lb. or 2 lb. ankle or wrist weights and use those. I don't know if it will work, but I figure it is worth a try.

Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/25 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


Speed Work

I cranked out some more speed work today. It is terribly fun to try and run fast after doing strength training....not. It seems to be working out to be the best day to do the intervals though since I'm already at the gym with the track. Today I ran 4x400 intervals with a 400 meter jog in between sets. I'll crank it up to 5x400 for the next two weeks, and probably take a week off the first week of October. After that I'll be ready to kick it up to 6x800 in the first week of the 8 week training schedule for the Thanksgiving Day Race.

Only 4 days left until my first Century ride!

No comments: