Tuesday, August 08, 2006

8/07/2006 Swimming & Strength Training

Swimming

I was hoping to get out on my bike yesterday. After seeing the bike races on Sunday and opting out of both The Morning Glory Ride and East Fork Duathlon on that day I've been feeling restless to get out and ride. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until Wednesday when I do my first commute of the week. We decided to hit the swimming pool for some fun time, so I decided to sneak a little workout once everyone else was worn out and hit deck for some sun.

I swam for approximately 20 minutes changing strokes about every 5 laps. I did 5 laps of freestyle, side stroke (each side), breast stroke, and then back to another 5 laps of freestyle. Between the laps and carting my daughter back and forth across the pool as she swam around me I figure it counts as a workout!

Strength Training

I decided to get my gym time out of the way early this week. It was so hot outside by the afternoon there was really nothing else worth doing anyway. I think next week I'm going to up the weight on the bicep curls and shoulder press to 25 lbs. and go back to 60 seconds. I'm also going to up the hip weight by 5 lbs. I'm really glad that Lisa added the hip workout to the routine. I think it has made a big difference in my cycling this year. I feel a lot more comfortable in the saddle.

elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Blue Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 90 seconds
shoulder press = 90 seconds
walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 90 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 90 lbs.
clamshell crunches w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25

No comments: