Sunday, August 27, 2006

8/26/2006 Bicycling

I was really hoping to get out really early and ride for 50+ miles. Unfortunately the need for sleep won out....a little. I did get in a very nice ride. I rode a nice route out 222 to Greenbriar through Owensville to Benton. I added a new road to my route as I explored Stonelick-Olive Branch Road. It adds a nice flat 4 miles to the route that allows me to stay in aero position and pound out the miles.

A couple of the highlights to the ride revolved around some hills. I decided to do the hills primarily seated if I could on this ride and was surprisingly successful. On one hill in particular that is very steep I was able to scoot back in my seat a bit and really pour my energy into my legs. It was a great feeling to pump up that hill with some power. I had a nice average of about 17.5 mph kickin' until I got home, then I was screwing around the last couple of miles, so that dropped the average pretty quickly.

Odo: 1237.1 miles
Dist: 37.04 miles
Time: 2:14.40
Avg: 16.5 mph
Max: 38.2 mph

No comments: