Wednesday, August 30, 2006

8/30/2006 Doubling Up

Running

It was a cloudy cool morning that was threatening rain. I really wanted to ride yesterday, but I wasn't sure if it was going to hold out for any good riding time. I decided to do a run just in case, plus I felt like I needed a few mor miles in before the 10K. I didn't feel like dealing with to much time on 222, so I decided to keep that time short. I ran the usual 1.3 mile route back Meghan's Run, followed by the run around 222 to 132 and up the hill. That was where things got a bit interesting. I was feeling a bit good on the run, so without much thought I pushed it up the hill. I didn't time the ride, or the run for that matter, but I'd guess it was the fastest I've taken the hill. It was definitely the most control I've felt over the .5 mile bitch of a hill. I finished up the run with another trip down Meghan's Run and back home. It was about 5.6 miles in approximately 50 minutes.


Bicycling

I decided to brave the elements and ride in the rain. It was either that or sit and wait to get my oil changed. I'll take the rain! It was actually pretty nice despite the pelting rain. At least it was cool. I rode out from the mechanics on 125 about 10 miles out to East Fork State Park. It was a mostly flat ride out there with a few rolling hills. It nothing to get out of the saddle for, just rolling around. Once I hit the Park I wound my way back to the beach which took me down one hill to climb back up. I decided to wander around the park a bit and wandered down to two different docks which brought me down two other hills to climb back up. I worked on staying in the saddle for the climbs and then sprinting up the last 5-10 yards. It turned out to be quite a workout.

Odo: 1262.8 miles
Dist: 25.62 miles
Time: 1:27.07
Avg: 17.6 mph
Max: 25.5 mph

No comments: