Tuesday, August 22, 2006

8/22/2006 Strength Training

I was back in the gym today for some strength training. I moved up to the grey JC bands for the lunges and rows. I also added 5 lbs. and the second set to the bicep curls and shoulder press and brought the time of each set down to 60 seconds. I was going to up the walking lunge weight to 20 lbs., but I think the combination of increasing the bicep/shoulder press and the lat raises was too much. I got about 4 in and decided to drop back to the 15 lb. wts.

elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/25 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
clamshell crunches w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


I might have to take at least a couple days off after today. I think I strained my right calf at the race on Sunday. It was stiff and sore this morning, but I decided to go ahead and work out to see how it would feel. It felt fine during the workout, but the rest of the day it's ached. Whenever I sit for a long time, and get up to walk it is so tight and painful. A littl break will probably do it some good. Unfortunately that means I might not be able to do my bike commute this week, but better that than aggravate the strain further or worse; get 15 miles into my ride and have it cramp up. That would completely suck.

No comments: