Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/16/2006 Bicycling

It was a wonderful, sunny day for cycling. The humidity was relatively low, and the temperature started in the 70's and by the end of the ride was in the low 80's. I started on an old route and added a new leg on to it. I started on 132 to Greenbriar and around to Owensville. From there I broke off from the standard route on to Benton Road. It has become one of my new favorite roads to ride on, with little traffic and a nice variety of hills and flat sections.

Odo: 1096.3 miles
Dist: 27.49 miles
Time: 1:39.24
Avg: 16.6 mph
Max: 37 mph


It was the type of day that I would've loved to stay out all day long and just ride around exploring Clermont County. One of these days, I'll take a full day and just ride all day. Speaking of riding all day, I might have to put my first century off just a bit longer. As it stands I have to work on September 2nd which is the day of the BCBCBCBC Ride. I could still go and ride, but it seems a bit of a drive to do it. The Oxford Odyssey is on September 16th, which is also a work weekend, but I'm trying to work one of the days off. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look like great rides, I hope you make one of them. I'm going to try and get my dh out for something different like this. I may stick to IN for this at first though. Your "rabbit" spirit sounds dangerous for biking if it sends out a fear response that calls in preditors....like cars...ouch!