Monday, August 21, 2006

8/21/2006 Recovery


I guess this is a good sign, but it is hard some days to do nothing. After the race yesterday I went home showered, ate and left for work. By the time I got home at 11:30 pm I was wiped out. I decided that today would be a day off. I didn't have to work until 4:30 pm, so I really wanted to sleep in and just relax during the day. Of course 7:30 rolls around and the morning sounds start to come through the window and the sun is shining. I immediately start to itch like a junky. I really wanted to get out and ride! I had some other things to do, so I was able to restrain myself do some much needed paperwork and get some reading in on the porch. The local cat food thief stopped by for a visit. That racoon gets bolder everyday. It's already made peace with the cats as they sit within feet of it as it eats their food. I'm expecting the thing to be sitting there one of these days when I bring food out in the morning.

I couldn't resist the whole day. I did get out on my hybrid and ride around in our neighborhood for a while. I got in about 6 miles at a nice easy pace. It was a beautiful afternoon.

1 comment:

Tuco said...

I haven't had a good "reading day" in ages! Or a real sleep in day. My commute is really messing my life up!
: )