Friday, August 25, 2006

8/23 - 8/24/2006 Bicycle Commuting & Running

8/23/2006 Commuting

One of these days I'm going to learn my lesson and be sure to pack a spare tube and my pump everytime I commute. Unfortunately for me I was not careful and it was on a day that I ended up with a flat. It was on my way home, and the only saving grace was that I was close to one of the town centers, so I was able to walk the bike into town and meet my wife for a ride home. I was still able to get in almost 34 miles including the 2 miles that I walked with the flat. Maybe this winter I'll keep my eye out for a used bike to buy and use specifically for commutes. That way I can load it up with lights, pump and tougher, heavier tires leaving the Fuji stripped down for races and fun rides.

Odo: 1,200.1 miles
Dist: 33.98 miles
Time: 2:29.48
Avg: 13.6 mph
Max: 34.1 mph


8/24/2006 Running

It was an early morning run that I really didn't feel like doing, but was really glad I did when I was done. I did a fairly standard run around up and down our road with the few dips and hills that are there. 3.5 miles in 31:17

No comments: