Saturday, August 12, 2006

8/12/2006 Brick Training


In answer to your question Tuco, this is my ride.

One part of my training that I've been pretty lax on this year is brick training. I always end up doing one or the other. I always think it's going to take too long. It's really my fault, because when I get on my bike I like to ride and ride and ride. I'm like a little kid, a little is never enough! I made myself buckle down and do a short ride and some running to get some brick training in before the race next weekend. It will have been a month since my last race, so I thought it was in order.

I rode 12.23 miles on the bike to get close to the 20k distance of the race. I thought I would be sore on Thursday or Friday from all of the commuting time Wednesday or Thursday, but I didn't feel it until Saturday morning...on the bike. For the first 4-5 miles of the ride my legs were so stiff and sore that I could barely keep the pace above 17 mph. It was a brutal beginning. I eventually loosened up and enjoyed the new route I found. It was mostly flat with one steep hill that was about .3 miles long. I look forward to exploring more of this road in the future.

Odo: 1068.8 miles
Dist: 12.23 miles
Time: 42:56
Avg: 17.1 mph
Max: 35.1 mph

The run went very well. I ran about 3.5 miles trying to maintain an 8 mile/minute. I nailed it. I don't have any hrm info this time. For some reason my hrm crapped out during the bike, and I just didn't feel like taking the time to mess with it.

Split 1 Bicycle: 42:24
Split 2 Transition: 1:24
Split 3 Run: 28:16
Total: 1:12.06



Bring on the Great Buckeye Challenge!


*Map created at www.gmap-pedometer.com.

No comments: