Sunday, January 07, 2007

1/06/2007 Cycling

7 am and 53 degrees F outside? Are you kidding me? I had to take advantage of this weather before it starts raining, and you could feel it in the air. The rain was coming. It wasn't a matter of if, but when it would start. I headed out for a short loop around Rt. 222 and Benton Rd. as quickly as I could; mounting the front and rear lights before taking off to combat the dreary half dark morning. Despite the warmth I layered up a bit with long sleeves, long tights and a jacket. If it did start raining, the jacket would protect me from the seeping cold of the rain water a little.

It felt good to be back on the road with my aerobars secured back on the bike, so I can start getting used to the aero position again. Only about 3 months until my first Duathlon in March. It's amazing how quickly the winter has slipped by, although it's only January and worse weather has got to be on its way at some point. For this day though I would simply enjoy the ride.

Dist: 17 miles
Avg: 15.69 mph
Max: 35 mph
Time: 1:05:05
Odo: 2,009 miles

No comments: