Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1/02/2007 Strength & Solo Interval Spinning

Strength Training

I think I'm going to set up a new strength training plan soon. This workout is way past its prime. I've been doing it for over a year now, and it needs to be changed or at least modified in some way. There are a couple of things that I'm doing differently. For the walking lunges I'm still doing the lat raises at 2 sets of 12, but instead of doing the width of the basketball court I've been doing the length. I've also tried to work in some balancing drills. Which consists basically of standing on each leg for 3 minutes. I haven't been very good about doing this regularly like I should, but I'm working on it.

Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 15 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 75 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 75 seconds each
Walking lunges = length of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
2 sets of 25 clamshell crunches w/8 lb. ball


Solo Interval Spinning

Today was all about intervals for spinning. I wanted to work on some speed work, and I also wanted to break the 60 minutes down into manageable segments so I wouldn't get bored. It worked out very well as I followed the following plan:

10 minute warm-up
10 minute of 1 minute interval heart rate 85 - 90%
15 minute - 90 second 1 leg drill 3 each leg with 30 second interval
5 minute easy spin
14 minute - 2 minute interval heart rate 85 - 90%
6 minute cool down
Total: 60 minute spinning

When it came to resistance I didn't do anything major. I kept it at flat road feel to slight up grade. I just wanted to work on speed and keeping up my cadence.

No comments: