Tuesday, January 09, 2007

1/09/2007 Short Recovery Run

Sweet, sweet short recovery run....I fully expected to look out the window to see mounds and mounds of the white stuff. That's all I heard yesterday was about how it was supposed to snow last night. As it often happens in Ohio, no snow. Actually, it was not a bad morning run. I left shortly before 8 am as the sun was coming up with about 38 degrees and a little cloudy. There were a few tiny flakes floating around here and there as I was running, but nothing that would even constitute flurries.

I had a very easy run up and down our road and through Meghan's Run. It was a 3.3 mile run that took 29:29 putting me at about a 9:15 pace. The challenge at the beginning is going to be pacing myself and not overdoing it on the SRR days. I know the harder stuff is coming once I start intervals and hill work. If I push it now and try to ramp up my weekly mileage to quickly I'm guessing it could lead to injuries. I've got to keep that in mind....I want to be fast, but no injuries is even more important.

No comments: