Sunday, January 14, 2007

1/14/2006 Long Run

Such a rainy, rainy weekend. I ended up skipping my planned bicycle outing yesterday. That turned out to be a really good thing, because that would've been my eighth straight workout day with no rest days. It's good way to run myself into some early burnout.

It was 50 degrees F when I walked out the door and raining steadily. I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gym today to run there, and there was no way I was skipping my long run. I dressed pretty lightly in shorts a long sleeved compression shirt and a short sleeve shirt over top and took those first steps out into the rain. I made the mistake of over dressing the last time I ran in the rain and ended up being miserable and stiff from running in cold heavily soaked pants. After getting used to the initial shock of the cold rain drops it wasn't so bad. About halfway through the run the rain let up to a slight drizzle and since there was no wind to speak of it was very comfortable and the showering kept me cool for the run.

I was very comfortable during the run, and even though I was scheduled for 8 miles I went a little over for a 9.7 mile run.

Distance: 9.7 miles
Time: 1:21.39
Avg HR: 154
Peak HR: 169
Min HR: 105
Total Cal: 1292

No comments: