Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1/24/2007 Medium Recovery Run with Hills!

I had a few choices for getting in my run today. I could: A. get up at 5 am after getting to bed 4 hours prior at 1 am because I worked late. By doing that I could run outside in the dark. B. eat lunch early and squeeze in my run in to my 45 minute lunch. It would be a little shorter run, but I wouldn't have to get up as early or miss spending time with my family in the evening. C. run after work and not get home until close to 8 pm.

I may be crazy, but I'm not so crazy that I'm going to give up all my sleep and family time for some running. B was the only sane choice, and it turned out to be a really good choice. In addition to saving on some sleep time and undo stress on my marriage (She's already extremely understanding and supportive of my activities, why push it?) I got a chance to rediscover some great running around my work in a neighborhood I used to live. It's a great little urban neighborhood with lots of hills for these runs that require hills.

It was a shorter run than the schedule called for, so I had to make it count. I set a pace that felt like a good medium pace and just tried to keep it over the course of the run which covered 3 good size hills to climb and many smaller climbs and descents. It was a great run and energy boost in the middle of the day. It is something I will definitely be taking advantage of in the future.

It was a 4 mile route that took 32 minutes with an 8 minute pace.

No comments: