Monday, January 15, 2007

1/15/2006 Strength & Solo Spinning

Strength Training

Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 15 each side.
Wall sit:
2 sets bicep curls 25 lbs. = 75 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press 20 lbs. = 75 seconds each
Walking lunges = length of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.

Solo Spinning

As the weather continues to be rainy and gross outside I was forced to the gym again for some spinning. Without the benefit of a spinning class I decided to do a little solo spinning. I didn't have any particular workout in mind. I just wanted to spin some miles since there was no outside riding this weekend. It was a solid 50 minute effort with some intervals using the "ladder" method that I learned last week. I started at a 2 minute interval bringing my heart rate up to 160 with a flat road resistance, then worked down at 30 second intervals to a 30 second interval and then back up to another two minute interval.

After a few minutes of easy spinning is did 3 one minute sets of single leg spinning with each leg. With a nice easy 15 minute warm-up and a few minutes to cool down I called it a day. I did have some twinges of pain in my right knee which concerns me a little, so I'll have to keep an eye on that.

No comments: