Sunday, January 28, 2007

1/27/2007 Brick

Now that we are in the midst of a true winter season the days that it reaches above freezing are fewer, and those above freezing that coincide with my days off are rare. When I saw the thermometer say 40 degrees F there was very little that was going to keep me from getting out for a ride and a run. Unlike last year where I barely did any brick training at all I'm trying to start my brick training early and doing it regularly until the season starts. I want to get my body acclimated to that feeling of jumping off the bike and starting the run. I think that might have been part of my cramping problem last year.

Even though I was doing double duty I still wanted to keep the intensity pretty low. I didn't push it to hard on the bike, and with my computer not working I only had feeling to guide me. I kept a fairly brisk cadence and the tension low. The only time I really broke a sweat was going up the hill on Benton Rd. I still maintained a high cadence up the hill and geared down.

Since it was only scheduled as a short recovery run day I kept the run relatively brief and easy. I jogged at a very slow pace to start out until the legs loosened up and then stretched it out a bit, but still kept it slow.

1:08.34 Bike 17 mile
1:40 transition
23:00 Run 2.5 mile

No comments: