Thursday, January 11, 2007

1/10/2006 Medium Recovery Run

It was a medium recovery run day, and I could not begin to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 am to do the run before work. I think I have a pretty good excuse since I didn't get off work until midnight and in bed at 1 am. It just wasn't happening. I was able to get out for an evening run after work. It was time for a change of scenery, so I went to the Lunken Airport to run on the path. It was a nice change of pace from my usual routes, and very cool to run as the sun was setting around the landing strips. It was a nice evening at about 35 degrees F at sunset and clear. The nice flat course made for easy running.

It felt good to get out and run after a long day of desk jockeying. I started out feeling a little stiff and cold so I did a split at 2.5 miles, because I was curious how much I was feeling would effect my run. Apparently not much as my first 2.5 miles clocked in at 19:46 and my second 2.5 came in around 20:58. I think I was a little late in stopping the second 2.5. By the time I reached the end of the run it was dark, so I couldn't see the mile markings on the path. It's all good, as I was just happy to see that I had an even split and a steady run. The totals were: 46:01 for a total of 5.75 miles at a 8 min./mile. I was hoping to get some other stats about heart rate, but I was having trouble getting a steady reading.

No comments: