Thursday, January 18, 2007

1/18/2006 Goal Pace Run, Strength, Core & Spinning

Goal Pace Run -Early in the morning

Due to a ridiculously early morning it was a treadmill run this morning. The schedule called for a 5 mile goal pace run, but I was running short on time. I did the best I could and managed to get 5.25 miles in total. I did a one mile warm up to get the blood flowing and loosened up after yesterdays epic running/hill climbing extravaganza. I followed that up with a 4 mile run at my goal pace. The question I am faced with is: what is my goal pace? I know that I want to do a sub-4 hour marathon, which I am fairly certain I can do with the training. It would be really cool to run a Boston qualifying time on my first outing. Probable? Maybe not. Possible? I think so. I think I can, I think I can. Okay, let's go for it.

Strength - Later that day

Elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 15 each side.
Wall sit:
2 sets bicep curls 20 lbs. = 75 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press 20 lbs. = 75 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts.
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.

Core Class - Seriously more gluts?

There was a sub for the core class today. While she explained that since it was a core class we would be working everything except the limbs, apparently she meant we would be working gluts, and more gluts, a few more gluts, and then some abs at the end. Holy crap, my gluts were hurting. After so many running, cycling, and strength workouts this week I really needed some abs, and core work, but not really gluts. During this class I really began to think that I was running out of steam and needed to call it a day. Did I call it a day? Of course not! It was on to...

Strength Spinning and some Easy Spinning

During spinning I really just did myself in. Freaking strength spinning?!? I should have checked the schedule before class, but I went in unaware. My legs were already pretty burned, so I made it through about 30 minutes of strength and I was done. I couldn't keep up the heavy resistance, and quite frankly didn't really want to or need to. I backed it off to a light resistance and spun out the rest of the class. I still got in 60 minutes of spinning, which was good enough for me.

No comments: