Friday, January 12, 2007

1/11/2006 Strength, Core & Spinning

As much as I enjoyed my time off. Now that I have a focus to my training I'm enjoying my workouts even more. I'm very much a goal oriented person. Without the goals I start to get bored and lose focus and quit. But here we are day 2 of marathon training, and I'm feeling good and getting stronger.

Elliptical = 20 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 15 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 75 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 75 seconds each
Walking lunges = length of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.

Core Class

During the 25 minutes of core class it involved a lot of the legs being lifted up over the head, and it is still tough. I feel like the blood is draining out of my legs. I don't think it's a strength issue, but if I remember to ask I will next time.

Spinning

60 minutes of intervals. Not really into it at all during class and felt tired from a tough week at work, but still managed to get through the class. The intervals were heart rate targeted. I was ranging from 160-170 during intervals and dropping to 120-130 during recovery. Down and up the ladder starting at 2 minutes and working down in 30 second intervals, back up the ladder in 30 second intervals. Even though I wasn't into it mentally, but felt proud for finishing afterwards.

No comments: